Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

So it's time for my first review! Because I've had such trouble finding it in
America, (some say they sell it here some say they don't, it's all very
confusing..) when I saw the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in Shopper's Drug Mart
during a recent trip up to Canada I grabbed two bottles of it right away. I am
honestly so exited to have finally gotten my hands on this product as it is
raved about all over the beauty community and it seems to be is a staple in
everyone's makeup bag.

Some pictures of the product:





This foundation is beautiful! The two colors I picked up
were shades 103 True Ivory (my winter color) and 201 Classic Beige (my summer
color). I have worn this foundation every day for the past week and right now I
am mixing the two shades because as you may be able to see in the last picture (excuse my pale hand), even though it is almost July I am not quite tan enough for Classic Beige yet.

I can see why so many people love this foundation because it really is a great. First of all, i really like the packaging. The pump is super easy to use and I have found it distributes the perfect amount of product to cover your entire face. The glass bottle is nice because it isn't too heavy, but it also doesn't feel like it will fly off your dresser and break with the slightest breeze. The coverage is light to medium depending on what tools you use and it is definitely build-able. The formula itself is a nice texture - not to heavy or watery, easy to blend, and to me it barely feels like I have anything on my skin. In the bottle the foundation has a little bit of shimmer, but you really can't see it once applied. That said it is a more dewy foundation, which I love but may not be suitable for oilier skin types than mine (I have normal combination skin). With a power this tends to wear on my skin for almost the entire day, though it may need touching up if I am going to be out really late.

Good:

  • Pretty finish
  • Nice Texture
  • Good coverage
  • Fairly long-wearing
  • Practical Packaging
Bad:
  • Not suitable for oily skin types
This is really the perfect foundation for me! I usually opt for BB or CC creams as I don't have particularly bad skin and don't like to feel like I have something on my face, especially in the hotter months, so this really is amazing! This will be once of my essentials for a long time!

I am planning to pick up the Laura Mercier Body Souffle in Creme Brulee very soon as I have been stopping to admire it every time I pass the Laura Mercier counter for a long time now. Hopefully a review on it will be coming soon!

See you next time!

xoxo, Jules

5 comments:

  1. Love the post. I totally enjoy my Rimmel Wake Me up Foundation too! I'm a new reader. Can't wait for you to write more.

    I also just wanted to let you know that I am starting a new Sunday format on my Blog to help beauty bloggers and youtubers connect and find others, and gain followers. I'd love if you checked it out!

    http://bit.ly/16Am860

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! on my way over to you blog right now!

      Delete
  2. I have super oily skin so I don't think this foundation would work for be, but I bet it's great for dry to normal skin! Great review!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want to have this product. i've heard so many good reviews about how it creates a dewy look. its also inexpensive but its not available here :( thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, I haven't been able to find this foundation in stores either *cue sad music*. But hopefully I am able to find it! :D

    http://cstephrun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete