Sunday, June 30, 2013

Julia's Current State of the Union



The other day I was reading a blog post on Elle Fowler's new blog "Dreaming in Blush" (pretty name right?) and I really loved her idea. She talked about how on her old blog she had a series called "In's and Out's" where she basically told what she has been liking and disliking recently. This reminded me of a book series I used to love back in middle school called "The Clique". If you aren't familiar with them, in the books the main character, Massie used to make little charts that she called her "Current States of the Union". They were basically just a list of what was in/out to her lately. It was a nice blast from the past for me and I decided to take Massie's and Elle's ideas and make them my own. I think this will be a great way to combine the beauty, fashion, and lifestyle aspects of my blog. So without further ado, "Julia's Current State of the Union".

In:
Summer!: I've been having the most amazing time this summer! There's something about staying out late that just isn't the same any other time of the year.
LUSH: My best friend and I are both addicted and we just make it worse for each other because we fuel each other’s obsessions.
Bows: When you’re on your schools dance team there no shortage of hair bows and I love it.
Pretty Little Liars: In love with this show and have been for years!
Challah Bread: I could honestly eat an entire loaf of this by itself if no one stops me.
Self-Tanner: Protecting against skin cancer one bottle at a time.
Disney Music: Speaking of a “blast from the past”, anyone else obsessed with Mulan?

Outs:
School: I don't think much explanation is needed.
When your dog eats your Challah bread: It just makes me sad.
Non-Waterproof Mascara: I've had some unfortunate incidents lately usually involving non-waterproof mascara and a pool. 
Shoes that give you blisters: More unfortunate incidents involving these. Ouch.
Riding your bike everywhere: I can't wait until I get my driver’s license!!

Okay those are some things I've loved and some things I haven't loved as much lately!
See you next time!

xoxo, Jules

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9657673/?claim=97yurrb7mvg">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie great post you so pretty found your blog on Socialble Sundays you made it to the list so did I. following you by gplus. You need to get bloglovin gadget to add to your blog that its where alot of the blogger like to follow blogs and read it since its organize and you get to see a list of people you following let me know when you get it to follow each other ok.
    http://tifi11@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the advice! I added a bloglovin gadget and connected my blog to my current account!

      Delete